Pumpkin Bars – Paleo
Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 25 minutes.
- 260g cooked pumpkin, cooled (approx. 360 raw)
- 40g coconut flour
- 45g coconut oil liquid, (if solid, tip below)
- 100 organic raw honey
- 4 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Handful of Pepita seeds
- Use up left over baked / cooked pumpkin or steam pumpkin in steaming basket 500g water, 15 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2, set aside to cool, Dry bowl.
- Heat oven to 160 degrees fan forced
- Add coconut flour (40g), salt (1/4 tsp), baking powder (1/2 tsp), Cinnamon (1/2 tsp) to bowl and combine 5 seconds / speed 4
- Add pumpkin (260g), coconut oil (45g), honey (100g), eggs (4) into TM bowl and TURBO 1 second, three (3) times
- Sprinkle Pepita seeds into base of silicone moulds, pour mixture into moulds over Pepita seeds
- Bake in 160-degree oven for 25 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from moulds
If you don’t have silicone moulds you can use a normal slice baking tray, bake for approx. 10 minutes longer and cut it up after it has cooled.
If coconut oil is solid add to Thermomix bowl and melt 2 minutes / 37 degrees / speed 1, then add other ingredients.