Preparation time 5 minutes
Cooking time 17 – 20 minutes
- 120g couscous dry weight, then rinse well and drain
- 1 x 300g tin four bean mix, rinsed and drained
- 8 sprigs either coriander, mint or parsley, leaves only
- 1 x 300g tin of mandarin segments drained or fresh mandarin
- 600g water
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 12 cherry tomato’s cut in half
- black sesame seeds to serve
- 40g honey
- 40g lemon juice
- 40g extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp grond cumin
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- pinch of salt or to taste
- Place a piece of baking paper that has been wet and the lightly squeezed out onto the Varoma tray covering the holes. Place rinsed couscous onto wet baking paper and spread couscous out evenly on tray.
- Add 600g water to TM bowl, place Varoma into position onto Thermomix with lid on.
- Cook couscous 17 – 20 minutes / Varoma / Speed 2.
- While couscous is cooking, prepare other salad ingredients into a large salad bowl.
- Check couscous is ready with a fork, when cooked tip couscous into large bowl with other salad ingredients.
To make dressing –
- Place into TM bowl honey (40g), Lemon Juice (40g), oil (40g), cumin (1/4tsp), coriander (1/4tsp) pinch of salt and blend 30 seconds / speed 3.
Tip onto salad and toss before serving.
TIPS – This is a fantastic alternative for both adult and kid’s lunchbox’s